The Department of Emergency Medicine and Trauma Care plays a pivotal role at MGM Healthcare, a multi super specialty hospital
at Chennai, rendering a gamut of integrated and personalised care for patients coming with medical and surgical
emergencies. Our highly qualified and skilled emergency physicians will handle not only traumas but every other
life and non-life threatening situation.
Emergency care starts at your door step with the Advance technological support in the health care, compassing a team of Specialists,
Nurses and Paramedics with state-of-the-art full-fledged facility to extend immediate medical care to critically
ill or injured Patients with threat to life.
Our Department of Emergency Medicine and Trauma Care has well defined emergency management system developed to increase the
efficiency of our rescue effort which includes enhanced first aid on site and improved overall coordination among
the hospital staff involved in coping with Emergency situations.
Emergency Response System at MGM is intend to provide immediate attention to all emergency health situations. We aim to assess,
investigate, diagnose, treat and admit or discharge patient with Time. High degree of patient privacy and comfort
provides patients and families with a caring environment.
Our ambulance operates 24X7 by providing out of hospital clinical care service from site of emergency by stabilizing,
treating and transferring patients to our hospital. Our emergency paramedics are proficient in using high tech
equipment such as ventilators, defibrillators, intravenous drips and administering lifesaving drugs.
- Well supported by advanced 24X7 laboratory and radiological services
- Round the clock pharmacy
- Minor procedure rooms
- Major operating rooms
- Ideally located in the heart of the city and easily accessible by road, air and rail
- Designated triage and resuscitation areas
- Private examining enclosures
- Road traffic accidents
- Head and spinal injuries
- Fracture and other orthopaedic conditions
- Hand injury service
- Fleet of ambulance services
- Obstetric and gynaecological emergencies
- Snake bite and management of other poisons
- Other medical and surgical emergencies
- Mass casualty management
- Facilitate transfers of critically ill neonates