The Neurosciences and Spine wing at MGM Healthcare works towards the common goal of enhancing the quality of life for patients who are diagnosed with a condition that affects their nervous system. In our quest to being committed to the betterment of each patient’s physical and mental health, we leverage new-age medical technology that is complemented with care and comfort like home.
Our emergency services include treatment that deals with trauma, stroke, seizures and infections. We also offer elective services dealing with tumours, spinal problems, brain vascular, movement disorders, epilepsy and child developmental problems. Few of our holistic neurosciences and spine solutions include:
- A 360-degree management of even the most complex tumours.
- A comprehensive rehabilitation team that gives you the best of spine care.
- Functional neurosciences to improve your quality of life.
- An exclusive operating room for complex brain and spine surgery.
The Neurosciences Program and Care
An emergency is when our system works at its best! We are an expert team with years of experience in delivering expert care at any time of the day, every day, all through the year. Our emergency services include treatment that deals with trauma, stroke, seizures and infections.
Stroke and haemorrhage are major events that can affect the life of a person. In situations like this, every second counts!
Our Stroke and Vascular teams are experts in:
- Stroke thrombolysis and intervention
- Stroke prevention stenting and surgery
- Aneurysm clipping and coiling
- Haemorrhage evacuation and decompression
- AVM embolisation and surgery
An exclusive operating theatre for complex brain and spine surgery, our OT complex is equipped with all the latest and high-end equipment for both surgery and anaesthesia with trained neurosurgical OT nurses and technicians to ensure the highest quality of work.
- Brain tumour surgery
- Trans-sphenoidal endoscopy
- Shunt surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Epilepsy surgery
- Minimally invasive brain and spine surgery
- Endovascular treatment of vascular problems
- Endoscopic ventriculostomy
- Microsurgical and endoscopic disc surgery
- Aneurysm and hemorrhage surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Repair of childhood and congenital defects
- Stereotaxy for deep seated lesions
- Spinal fixation
- Spine tuberculosis
- Scoliosis and spine deformity correction
- Spine micro surgery
A Unique combination of Neuro and Ortho Spine Surgeons coming together with a comprehensive Rehabilitation team to give you the best of Spine Care. Spinal disorders are one of the commonest ailments seen in society today. Modern-day management of Spinal Disorders, including surgery, aims at taking the patient back to normal life as soon as possible.
- Microsurgery and minimally invasive techniques for tumour removal
- Principles of maximal safe resection
- Advanced MRI imaging including DTI, fMRI
- Surgery of tumours located in di cult and complex areas of the brain
- Awake craniotomy
- Brain stem surgery
- Endoscopy for pituitary tumours
- Stereotaxy for deep seated lesions
- Skull base techniques for lesions at the base of the skull
- Spinal Microsurgery and MIS
Our Functional Neurosciences team has the experience and knowledge to help anyone, whether they are a child or senior citizen. We provide protocol-based assessment, a multi-disciplinary team, modern techniques and high-end surgical practices to improve a person’s quality of life.
Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) helps the non-cooperative cells of the brain work better. Parkinson’s Disease, dystonia, tremors and much more can be effectively dealt with.
Child or adult, whatever the reason be, our Behavioural Neurosciences team can help with a professional assessment and modern treatment methods that also incorporate traditional knowledge and wisdom.
Children are society’s most precious commodity, so let’s do more for them. Our comprehensive team for your child include:
- Paediatric neurologist
- Developmental paediatrician
- Behavioural specialist
- Rehabilitation specialist
Comprehensive and aggressive neuro rehabilitation helps patients improve their quality of life and return to normal activities. Paediatric and adult rehabilitation work hand-in-hand with clinical services under one roof. We offer:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Clinical psychology
Using some of the most advanced technology available, as a highly experienced team, we are sure to deliver the best possible results in the field.