Do I require a screening?
Plastic and reconstructive surgery can help people of all ages - from a child born with a cleft lip/palate to an adult unhappy with their physical appearance. A plastic surgeon might be needed for the following reasons.
- Cleft lip/palate correction in affected children
- Removal of an old scar or a tattoo
- Full-thickness skin graft for deep wounds
- Tightening of facial skin, especially while ageing
- Physical augmentation of nose, lips and breasts
- Correction of craniofacial anomalies (birth defect)
- Skin grafting in burn injury cases
- Replacement of skin and muscle is cases of severe damage
- Injection of facial fillers for a younger look
- Treatment of acne and wrinkles