Do I require a screening?
Radiology encompasses both diagnostic imaging and image-guided interventional procedures. Unlike most other specialties, you will first have to visit the appropriate specialty for your symptoms. Subsequently, you might be sent to Radiology in the following situations.
- Diagnosis of tumours in hard tissues
- Visualisation of internal organs
- Visualisation of soft tissues
- Embolisation of AVMs/tumours
- Unblocking blood vessels with stent
- Fine needle aspiration/biopsies
- Diagnosis of head/abdominal injuries
- Diagnosis of tumours/cysts in soft tissues
- Visualisation of bones and cartilage
- Coiling and stenting of aneurysms
- Identification of blocks in the blood vessels
- Image-guided minimally-invasive procedure
- Tumour ablation therapy