TERMS AND CONDITIONS - MGM HEALTHCARE LTD. COVID-19 HOMECARE SERVICES
- I, the patient and/or authorized relative of the patient hereby consent to and authorize MGM Healthcare physicians and medical personnel to perform remote treatment of the novel coronavirus,Covid-19, by administering and performing online audio and video consultations, medical examinations, investigations, advising medical treatment and performing remote monitoring during the course of the patient care as an outpatient for home care services, as may be deemed advisable or necessary.
- I state that I am over the age of 18 years and am competent to accept the present Terms and Conditions. I state that I have the right and authority to legally bind myself/my family members to enter into the present Agreement and do not suffer from any legal bar or impediment.
COVID-19 TREATMENT WARRANTIES
- I understand that the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. I further understand that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread by person-to-person contact and as a result, central and state health agencies have recommended social distancing.
- I understand that a positive COVID-19 diagnosis needs extended quarantine/self-isolation and may need additional tests, hospitalization that may require medical therapy, Intensive Care treatment, possible need for life support, short-term or long-term intubation etc. In addition, during/after the period of home care services, I understand that I may need additional care that may require me to go to an emergency room or a hospital. I understand that COVID-19 may cause additional risks, some or many of which may not currently be known at this time, in addition to the risks described herein, as well as those risks for the treatment itself. I understand that MGM Healthcare Ltd. does not guarantee Covid-19 negative test at any point of time
- I have been given the option to defer my remote monitoring through MGM Healthcare, Home care services. However, I understand all the potential risks, including but not limited to the potential short-term and long-term complications related to COVID-19, and I would like to proceed with my desired care and remote monitoring through MGM Healthcare Home care services.
- I undertake to share accurate and correction information while on remote monitoring and understand that if any discrepancy is found in the information provided by me, MGM Healthcare can cancel the service provided at its discretion and MGM will not hold any medico-legal liability.
- I undertake to adhere to common codes of conduct and respect while speaking with the healthcare team and understand that the private phone numbers of the healthcare team will not be disclosed at any point of time.
- I understand and accept that during the course of Covid-19 Homecare services, it may become necessary to admit myself in a medical establishment for treatment. I understand and accept that MGM Healthcare Ltd. does not guarantee admission in its Hospital in such a case.
- I understand and accept that Covid-19 Homecare solutions are being provided by MGM Healthcare Ltd. only to assist me and are not a replacement for clinical care provided at a medical establishment. I understand and accept that Homecare services are provided and based only on remote monitoring and depend entirely on information provided by me. I understand and accept that MGM Healthcare Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any complications that may arise from the Covid-19 infection or otherwise during the course of Homecare Services.
- I understand and accept that some part of the Homecare Services viz., 24/7 call center support for registration, queries, payments, Doorstep delivery of Covid-19 Care kit, sample collection and testing of Covid-19 samples, ambulance/transfer services (in case required) are being provided by i2H in partnership with MGM Healthcare Ltd. and I agree to indemnify MGM Healthcare Ltd. in case of any deficiency in service provided by i2H.
- I understand and agree that cancellation of the Homecare Services with refund of the amount paid minus 10% cancellation charges is possible only within 30 minutes from payment and in any case, not after the Covid-19 Care kit has been delivered.
- All information provided by the Patient including but not limited to contact details, health parameters, will be kept confidential by MGM Healthcare Ltd. and will not be shared with any third party. In addition, any medical/clinical data provided by the Patient will be kept strictly confidential and will only be shared at the instruction/request of any Statutory or Governmental body/authority.
- Neither party shall be held liable or deemed in default for any failure to fulfil any obligation under this Agreement due to causes beyond its reasonable control, whether such cause is limited in duration or indefinite. Such causes or conditions shall include, but shall not be limited to, acts of God or of the public enemy, acts of the Government in either its sovereign or contractual capacity, fires, floods, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, strikes, shortages of labor or materials, freight embargoes, unusually severe weather, electrical power failures, telecommunication or internet backbone outages, failure of an internet access provider or other similar causes beyond the Parties control, and neither Party shall be liable for losses, expenses or damages, ordinary, special or consequential, resulting directly or indirectly from such causes.
- The Covid-19 Homecare Services may be terminated without cause by either party upon giving prior notice of 48 hours. However, MGM Healthcare Ltd. reserves the right to terminate the Homecare Services without cause and without giving any prior notice and/or with immediate effect.
- In the event of any dispute that arises between the parties in connection with this Agreement, the construction/interpretation of any provision of this Agreement or the rights, duties or liabilities of the Parties hereto, the Parties shall conduct negotiations in good faith to solve such dispute amicable.If mutual resolution cannot be reached within thirty (30) days after the commencement of such negotiations, either of the Parties shall be free to refer such dispute to arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 to the sole arbitrator appointed mutually by the Parties.The venue of arbitration shall be Chennai. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English and the award made in such arbitration will be final and binding on the Parties. This Section will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason. This Agreement will be construed and enforced in accordance with and governed by the laws of India as applicable in the State of Tamil Nadu.