Dr Anil Vaidya, M.D. is a renowned Multi-Organ Transplant Surgeon with a diverse clinical, translational, and academic background. He completed his residency in General Surgery in India and Urology in the UK, followed by a fellowship in Urologic Oncology with Mark Soloway at Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami. He also completed an American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) accredited fellowship in Multi-Organ Transplantation at the University of Miami mentored by Dr Andreas Tzakis, Dr Gaetano Ciancio, and Dr George Burke. He has worked as a consultant transplant surgeon at the Oxford University Hospital for 12 years and as a professor of transplantation in the UK. Dr Anil Vaidya has made significant contributions to the development of Pancreatic, Intestinal, and Multi-Visceral Transplant Programs. He is also credited with pioneering the field of Transplant Oncology, which combines Multi-Visceral Transplant Techniques with adjuvant immunotherapy to treat locally advanced cancers in the abdominal cavity.
Dr Anil Vaidya has authored more than 120 articles in peer-reviewed journals and is among the top 3% of the surgeons in the world rated by Research Gate. He has also been a postgraduate and undergraduate teacher for over 10 years at Oxford. Dr Anil Vaidya conducted Asia’s first En-Bloc Heart Liver Transplant. He is the first surgeon in the world to do a Sentinel Skin flap with a Multi-Visceral Graft to help in monitoring intestinal graft. He remains one of the few surgeons in the world who has done over 1000 Pancreas Transplants. Dr Anil Vaidya has a lifetime goal to promote a world that is free of Diabetes by the year 2030 and free of Dialysis by the year 2050. Dr Anil Vaidya is also actively involved in research to improve transplantation outcomes and to develop new techniques in the field.
MBBS – (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
University of Pune
DNB – General surgery, New Delhi
• MD – (Transplant Surgery) University of Miami
• American Society of Transplant Surgeon
• Fellowship in Transplant Surgeon
Miami School of Medicine, Florida
CCT (Transplant Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons
• Dr.Anil Vaidya holds the largest series of cases of Abdominal Wall Transplant
• Dr.Anil Vaidya is the first surgeon in the world to introduce the concept of ‘Nephron Sparing’ auto-transplantation for solitary kidneys with tumors.
• Dr.Anil Vaidya has the most experience in the world in Pancreatic Transplantation with more than 1000 cases to his credit.
• Dr.Anil Vaidya has conceptualized and helped in executing the first ever vascularised facial nerve transplant in the world for a patient that was already on immunosuppression for an intestinal transplant.
• Indian Medical Association
• Indian Society of Organ Transplant
• Tamilnadu Medical Council
• American Society of Transplant Surgeons
• Transplantation Society TTS
• IITR International Intestinal Transplant and Rehabilitation Society
• IPITA International Pancreas and Islet Transplant Association
• Founding Member ILTS- Indian Liver Transplant Society