SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
MGM Healthcare, a leading super-specialty hospital in the country, has a number of official social media accounts across multiple platforms that are used to communicate educational material, events and marketing material to the surrounding community. These platforms are intended for social consumption only and will never provide diagnosis. We are a socially and ethically responsible healthcare brand and any and all content in the past, present and future are communicated with thorough verification from experts.
We encourage our patients, our staff and members of the public to connect with the hospital and share their experiences without infringing on the rights of others. We welcome healthy conversation and exchange of views on our platforms, however we discourage any irresponsible conversations. Such conversations, comments, statements and images are liable to be removed, as necessary.
Here are our Social Media Policy guidelines one must agree and abide by:
- MGM Healthcare reserves the right to delete any comments or content deemed inappropriate. These include but are not limited to:
- Abusive or hurtful comments
- Off-topic comments including promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with MGM Healthcare
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech”
- Personal attacks or defamatory comments against individuals
- Comments that violate the privacy of our patients and their families
- Content that violates copyright or that may be confidential
- Spam or marketing-related comments
- Users (including patients, staff and members of the public) agree not to post content that is illegal, obscene, defamatory or threatening.
- While MGM Healthcare makes all efforts to monitor and moderate posted content and comments, it cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
- Any information posted on our social media platforms should not be considered as medical advice and should not replace a consultation with a healthcare professional.
- By submitting content to any MGM Healthcare social media pages (comments, photos, links, etc.), you understand that this information is publicly available. MGM Healthcare may use this information in internal and external publications and other communications.
- Avoid disclosing personal identifiable information such as your location, medical record number, financial information or other private information.
- We do not entertain requests on our social media platforms asking for information about a particular patient’s medical status.
- As an organisation providing healthcare services, we are prevented by law from publicly providing any information about our patients. Primacy of patients and their privacy are of utmost importance to MGM Healthcare.
- Content posted by us on our social media platforms serve to create awareness and provide updates on current healthcare trends, medical conditions and the hospital’s services.