What is Diacheck 1 (annual) and who should choose it?
Diacheck 1 is an annual test package that is put together specifically for known or suspected diabetics. The tests in this package will help diagnose and monitor diabetes to prevent complications. These tests will also rule out the development of diabetes related diseases.
What are the tests included in the Diacheck 1 (annual)?
- Blood Grouping and Rh Typing
- Complete Haemogram
- Glucose Fasting
- Glucose Postprandial
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Lipid Profile
- Glycated Hemoglobin HbA1c
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
- Aspartate Aminotransferase
- Alanine Aminotransferase
- Urine Microalbumin
- Urine Routine
- X-ray Chest
- Ultrasound Abdomen
- 2D Echo
- Fundus Photo (Both Eyes)
What is Rh typing?
Rh typing is a blood test performed to find out whether or not you have the Rh factor protein in your blood cells. If your blood cells have the Rh factor, your blood is Rh positive and if the Rh factor is absent, your blood is Rh negative.
What is HbA1c?
HbA1c test or the Haemoglobin A1c test is done to find out the average blood sugar level over the past 2 to 3 months. The test is also called glycohemoglobin or glycatedhemoglobin. It is usually prescribed to people who are diabetic to monitor their sugar level ranges. This will tell the doctor if the patient’s medications need to be altered. The HbA1c can also be used for the diagnosis of diabetes.
What are the things you should do to prepare for the Diacheck 1 (annual)?
It is important to follow some pre-requisites before undergoing the Diacheck 1 (annual). Following these will ensure that the results obtained are as accurate as possible.
- Have a good night’s sleep- A rested sleep the night before the Diacheck 1 (annual) will help the heartbeat, blood pressure and temperature be at levels that are normal to your body. You will also help if you are undergoing a complete health check for the first time and are stressed about it.
- Keep an eye on your food intake- It is best not to consume any food at least six hours before you undergo the tests. Any food consumed too close to the tests can alter the results received on tests like cholesterol and blood sugar. Also avoid tea, coffee and other sugary drinks. But be sure to drink ample amounts of water to prevent dehydration.
- Avoid alcohol- Alcohol, in general, is not good for your health. But if you are in the habit of consuming alcohol, it is best to avoid it 24 hours before the tests. Alcohol consumed too close to the tests can alter the results of tests that involve the kidney, blood, and liver.
- Avoid undergoing the Diacheck 1 (annual) when menstruating- Ideally, it is not recommended that you do not undergo the tests during menstruation. Tests like urine analysis may be hampered by blood contamination.
- Inform us if you are pregnant- When pregnant, it is not advisable to undergo procedures like Mammogram or x-rays. It is also helpful for your doctor to keep your pregnancy in mind when interpreting the test results.
What to expect on the day of the Diacheck 1 (annual)?
Make sure that you arrive on time for your Diacheck 1 (annual). It is also advisable to bring a friend or a family member with you to assist you if the need arises. The attending staff and your doctors will talk to you about the tests being performed and will be happy to answer your questions. Please wear loose fitted and comfortable clothing and footwear when you come for your health check. If necessary, your doctor may ask you to change before certain tests. Please have all your previous medical reports on hand, if any. In case you are asked to arrive for your tests on an empty stomach, there are hospital canteens and cafés available on the campus so that you can eat once your tests are done. We have a quick turn over time and will ensure that you get your results on time.
When will I receive my reports?
Most test results can be received on the same day as the tests. But some tests, like culture tests, will require a little more time. Your doctor or the lab technician will let you know when you will be receiving your reports.
How many consultations will I get in the Diacheck 1 (annual)?
With the Diacheck 1 (annual), you are eligible for three consultations-
- PHC Consultation (Physician)
- PHC Consultation (Ophthalmology)
- PHC Consultation (Dietitian)