Do I require a screening?
The administration of anaesthesia is a precise science — the dose and the site of administration need to be planned well based on the requirement of the surgery and the status of the patient. The following types of procedures require the use of anaesthesia.
- Performing procedures like a skin biopsy
- Suturing of deep wounds
- Spinal block for caesarean sections
- Major surgery like open heart surgery or knee replacement
- Repairing of minor broken bones
- Epidural for childbirth
- Performing certain surgeries like stone removal
- Surgical procedures to treat cancer