Dr Sukanya Govindan is a highly skilled and dedicated paediatric nephrologist with 10 years of experience providing specialised care to children with kidney disorders.
She completed her postgraduation in Paediatrics from JIPMER, Puducherry and then underwent extensive training in nephrology, including a DM in Nephrology at PGIMER, Chandigarh, India. She further honed her expertise through an ISN Fellowship in Paediatric Nephrology at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children (GOSH) in London. She serves as a Convenor and core committee member of “Paediatric Renal Nutrition Taskforce, India”.
She is a passionate teacher and has served as the Course Director in International Paediatric Nephrology Association Teaching course on Paediatric and Infant Dialysis. Dr Sukanya specializes in renal transplants, multi-organ transplants, and dialysis in children.
She has a range of specific interests within the field of paediatric nephrology, including early recognition of AKI, AKI therapeutics, infant dialysis, and cost-effective renal replacement therapy in children.
She has actively participated as invited faculty in National and International conferences. Dr Sukanya Govindan has several publications in reputed journals and textbooks to her credit.
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
Thanjavur Medical College
MD (Paediatrics) Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate
Medical Education and Research Institute (JIPMER)
DM (Nephrology) PGIMER, Chandigarh
ISN Fellowship in Paediatric Nephrology,
Great Ormond Street
- International Society of Nephrology (ISN) fellowship award for best poster at World Congress of Nephrology, Melbourne, 2019
- Gold medal for Best clinical research paper at ISN Southern Chapter 2021
- ISN Clinical research grant for RCT in neonatal AKI, 2022
- Tamilnadu Medical Council
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- Indian Society of Paediatric Nephrology
- International Society of Nephrology
- International Paediatric Nephrology Association